Currently, I am a Teaching Associate at the Monash University, Australia and a Lecturer at the Melbourne Institute of Technololgy (MIT), a partner Institute of the Federation University, Australia.
I have earned a doctorate degree from the Dalian University of Technology, China under the supervision of Prof He Jiang. My PhD thesis focused on generating automatic summaries of bug reports and source code using machine learning, data mining, information retrieval and natural language processing methods, tools and technologies.
In 2010, I got Masters in Software Engineering and Technology from the Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. I completed my master's thesis in "Exploring SEO techniques for Web 2.0 websites" under the supervision of Dr Christer Carlson and Christian Nicolaisen.
I have worked for over 10 years in IT industry in different capacities (from a web developer to Senior Software Engineer), developed vast variety of applications such as CRM, ERP and SaaS based web enterprise applications.
I have very broad interests in Software Engineering but in particular focus on
- Mining Software Repositories (MSR),
- Applications of data mining, machine learning, information retrieval and natural language processing,
- Software Product Lines,
- Software Testing,
- Component based Software Engineering and
- Agile Development Practices/Methods.
- He JIANG, Najam NAZAR, JingXuan ZHANG, Tao ZHANG and ZhiLei REN, PRST: A PageRank based Summarization Technique for Summarizing Bug Reports with Duplicates", International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Aug. 2017 Vol. 27, No. 6, pp 869-896.
- He JIANG, JingXuan ZHANG, HongJing MA, Najam NAZAR and ZhiLei REN, "Mining Authorship Characteristics in Bug Repositories", SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences. Jan. 2017, 60:012107.
- Najam NAZAR, Yan HU and He JIANG, "Summarizing Software Artifacts: A Literature Review", Journal of Computer Science and Technology. Sep. 2016, vol. 31 no.5, pp 883–909.
- Najam NAZAR, He JIANG, Guojun GAO, Tao ZHANG, Xiaochen Li and ZhiLei Ren, "Source Code Fragment Summarization with Small-Scale Crowdsourcing Based Features", Frontiers of Computer Science. Jun. 2016, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp 504–517.
- Najam NAZAR and T.M.J. RAKOTOMAHEFA, "Analysis of a Small Company for Software Product Line Adoption – An Industrial Case Study", International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Aug. 2016, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp 313-322.
- Najam NAZAR, Summarizing Bug Reports and Source Code using Supervised Learning Techniques, PhD Thesis, Dalian University of Technology. December 2016
- Najam NAZAR, 基于监督学习的 bug 报告和源代码摘要, Dissertation. 大连理工大学, 2016.
- Najam NAZAR, Exploring SEO Techniques for Web2.0 websites, Chalmers University Online Publication. June 2009
FIT2099 - Object Oriented Design and Implementation
FIT3077 - Software Engineering: Architecture and Design
FIT2107 - Software quality and testing
FIT2101 - Software engineering process and management
FIT5136 - Software Engineering
FIT2102 - Programming Paradigms (half semester as a substitute)
FedUni units at MIT-Melbourne
ITECH2100 - Programming 2
ITECH5403 - Comparative Programming Languages
- Full DUT Scholarship 2011-2016.
- Student particpant of New Century Excellent Talents Grant: 2015-2016.
- Outstanding deletgate and bast position paper awards in AEEMUN 2012 conference.
- Best position paper prize in DUTMUN 2012 Conference.